CDR FUNDRAISING GROUP, VICE PRESIDENT/EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
CDR Fundraising Group is an award-winning, full-service direct response fundraising agency with more than 30 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and advocacy. Our staff of account executives, analysts, creatives, production specialists, media experts and strategy consultants work together to create some of the most effective, multi-channel fundraising solutions in the United States.
Our client’s missions are our purpose and our passion. Together, we raise money to transform lives.
CDR Fundraising Group is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about CDR and our clients can be found at www.cdrfg.com.
A key member of the company’s management team, the Vice President, Executive Creative Director oversees the operations of the CDR creative team, building and maintaining strong client and team relationships, and maximizing the creative team’s performance and contributions. The Executive Creative Director will combine first-class creative expertise with leadership and strategic planning capabilities to direct the agency’s creative process.
- Directs creative concept development through collaboration with account teams, strategy team and creative staff, ensuring that concepts meet strategy objectives and client goals.
- Interacts directly with clients to obtain a strong understanding of their program goals and objectives and translates information to be executed by creative staff.
- Works closely with account and creative teams to provide overall creative direction and to ensure the success of our client’s multi-channel fundraising campaigns.
- Develops and implements creative strategy to maintain and expand fundraising programs for the agency.
- Develops a deep understanding of target audiences and client marketing strategy to deliver high quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the donor.
- Creates and implements innovative programs for clients to achieve or exceed ROI. Proactively monitors the quality of projects being produced seeking feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads creative team planning and strategy to identify short- and long-term goals that need to be met, and how to meet them.
- Contributes to and presents new business development proposals for current and prospective clients as needed.
- Leads the preparation of client presentations as needed.
- Shares ideas and client needs throughout all phases of client lifecycle (plan, design, integrate, implement, manage, report).
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets campaign results.
- Contributes to the quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs.
- Manages creative department overall budget.
- Manages and coordinates the sharing of knowledge and the facilitation of learning within the team and all other employees to improve business practices, refine processes, aid, and promote the development of creative ideas.
- Directs activities for the team’s professional development, conducting creative workshops for staff members focused on best practices for fundraising.
- Encourages creative team to seek growth/knowledge/training opportunities.
- Attends and participates in management meetings, and industry-related conferences and conventions.
- Manages external freelance resources.
- Creativity, insightfulness and an expert understanding of the overall creative process and techniques, including conceptualization, design, copy development, production artwork, computer graphics, printing technologies and web/Internet design/software technologies.
- Strategic, highly conceptual thinker in both visual and interactive design.
- Demonstrated leadership and client relationship qualities.
- Strong knowledge and experience with fundraising and marketing campaigns for nonprofit clients, ranging from best practices to nonprofit solicitation and integrated direct marketing for a multitude of audience platforms as it pertains to driving optimal response rates.
- Strong knowledge of direct mail concepts, digital creative design (multi-channel integration) and production.
- Able to partner data and insights with creative output.
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff and all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies, and results, while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; is willing and able to make well-thought out yet timely decisions; able to explain and support those decisions; seeks advice of others and includes appropriate personnel in decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to think strategically and execute efficiently and effectively. Ability to advance short- and long-term projects concurrently.
- Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure, adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, driven and goal oriented.
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational, time management and planning expertise.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Four-year degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or Art with an emphasis in Marketing or Advertising required.
- 12 or more years of direct marketing, fundraising, nonprofit and design experience, as it pertains to direct mail, digital and nonprofit fundraising campaigns, as well as departmental leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising success with proven ability in creative strategy, development, and implementation.
- Portfolio showcasing traditional and digital campaigns along with project skill sets.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at CDR is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical & prescription, dental and vision insurance, employer paid Life, a Health Savings Account plan, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, voluntary Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage, and other voluntary benefit options. We offer paid holidays, paid personal leave, paid volunteer leave, and paid family leave. Employees have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
CDR Fundraising Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CDR Fundraising Group is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Link to application: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6167768.careers?TrackId=[Website]&ApplyToJob=503627467