CDR STAFF ACCOUNTANT/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
CDR is an award-winning, full-service direct response fundraising agency with more than 30 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and advocacy. Our staff of account executives, analysts, creatives, production specialists, media experts and strategy consultants work together to create some of the most effective, multi-channel fundraising solutions in the United States.
Our client’s missions are our purpose and our passion. Together, we raise money to transform lives.
CDR is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about CDR and our clients can be found at cdrfundraising.com.
The Staff Accountant position requires experience in Accounts Payable. The Accounts Payable position is responsible to ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices, track prepaids and process long form payments.
- Accurately enters vendor invoices into accounting systems, and prepares customer invoices, creating and modifying as needed.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of all invoices and bills.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive employee, client, vendor, and company information.
- Accurately tracks prepayments to local networks.
- Applies prepaids to accounts.
- Files paid vendor invoices.
- Creates and issues check payments, matching check stubs to open payables.
- Emails follow up to vendors regarding payments, responds to vendor inquiries.
- Tracks employee expenses.
- Responsible to adhere to policies and procedures. Follows guidelines for internal controls. Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Assists coworkers with other accounting tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Expertise in handling confidential and sensitive employee, customer, vendor, and company information.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on multiple deadline-oriented projects, adaptable to changing conditions and requirements. Must be able to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Strong customer-service and oral and written communication skills required and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and of management.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
- Other key competencies include effective problem-solving abilities; sound decision making and judgement; and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting is preferable, but not required.
- The Staff Accountant position requires at least 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- Must have experience working in other Accounting Departments.
- Prior work with QuickBooks accounting software is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the management of high-volume accounts payable invoices strongly preferred.
- Experience with long form media buys a plus!
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at CDR is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical & prescription, dental and vision insurance, employer paid Life, a Health Savings Account plan, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, voluntary Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage, and other voluntary benefit options. We offer paid holidays, paid personal leave, paid volunteer leave, and paid family leave. Employees have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
CDR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CDR is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Click here to apply: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6167768.careers?TrackId=[Website]&ApplyToJob=503621636