CDR WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (HYBRID)
CDR is an award-winning, full-service direct response fundraising agency with more than 40 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and advocacy. Our staff of account executives, analysts, creatives, production specialists, media experts and strategy consultants work together to create some of the most effective, multi-channel fundraising solutions in the United States.
Our client’s missions are our purpose and our passion. Together, we raise money to transform lives.
CDR is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about CDR and our clients can be found at cdrfundraising.com.
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting and incident response for client, server, and network related issues.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of servers, network switches, and virtualization.
- Installs and upgrades computer components and software, manages virtual servers, and integrates automation processes.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Performs regular backup operations and implements appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Leads helpdesk support efforts, ensuring that all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Follows procedures for new user setups and computer builds.
- Follows established processes for employee separations to ensure security of CDR systems.
- Provides firsthand support, IT training, and troubleshooting to all staff and clients for IT matters.
- Ensures network connectivity for all users.
- Administers all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Performs server and security audits.
- A solid understanding of networking and corporate network design is required.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Experience with Windows Operating System; Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2016, Server 2019 Active Directory and Group Policy; Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Knowledge of data backup methodologies, including offsite replication.
- AWS and Azure experience a plus.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals; must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees or clients.
- Installation and configuration of equipment skills are vital, as is the ability to troubleshoot problems on existing hardware and software setups.
- Reasoning and problem-solving abilities are critical to success in this role—the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to research issues that are new and unknown to recommend solutions.
- Other key competencies include strong communication and interpersonal skills, a customer service orientation, adaptability in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and the ability to maintain a calm and collected demeanor under pressure.
- Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at CDR is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical & prescription, dental and vision insurance, employer paid Life, a Health Savings Account plan, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, voluntary Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage, and other voluntary benefit options. We offer paid holidays, paid personal leave, paid volunteer leave, and paid family leave. Employees have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
CDR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CDR is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Click here to apply: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6167768.careers?TrackId=[Website]&ApplyToJob=553932224